ABOUT LEO TEATERO
I discovered my love for entertaining at a very young age. I grew up in the country, in a family of all boys. I was the brother who loved to cook and was always experimenting to create new and delicious takes on the traditional. Our diet may have been simple, but it was ahead of its time. I was raised on good local ingredients long before people even knew what organic meant, and I learned it was better to make things from scratch. What I remember most about my childhood is a house full of people talking, drinking, laughing, eating and making food. Everyone cooked, and we cared about putting love into the meals we prepared and shared as a family. My eye for entertaining is rooted in these memories and experiences – they made me the man I am today.
In my 30-year career, I’ve built a diverse portfolio, with over 1,000 events produced for a prominent Canadian university, including homecoming and convocation celebrations, as well as hundreds of corporate and private receptions (some welcoming thousands of guests), weddings, small dinner parties, meetings, seminars, and presentations. I’ve got what it takes to concurrently create and produce multiple events spanning a range of dates and locations.
I've worked in politics, education, healthcare, fashion, the arts, and non-profit development, focusing on client and public relations, event management and production, as well as event logistical design and production.
My diverse professional experience has helped me build many event production skill sets. Thanks to my advanced technical capacities, I can easily adapt to complex administrative systems and databases. I also love working with people, and I'm recognized for my ability to immediately build rapport with others. I always maintain solid relationships with industry people on the cutting edge of their fields. To quote my kindred spirit, Coco Chanel, “Fashion changes, but style endures”. I pride myself on staying beyond current.
I have a wealth of experience handling tricky and sensitive situations calmly and efficiently. I stand firm in the face of the unexpected, so the client experience remains stress-free. Over the years, I've learned to keep smiling, even under great pressure, and I always keep my role as a leader and team player in the foreground.
I currently divide my time between Montpellier and Montreal, cities that give me the perfect mix of French, English and many other cultures. I also love to travel – and whether at home or abroad, I love to entertain wherever I go. From experiencing the epicurean delights of southern France, to sampling the latest wares in Paris, London, Berlin and Toronto, I live to meet new people and discover new cultures. This helps me find new and exciting ways to bring the best elements from around the world to the event creation experience I design for my clients.
- Health Sciences Convocation Breakfast (2007 to 2015)
- Faculty of Medicine's Convocation & Dean's Honours and Awards Ceremony, McGill University (2007 to 2015)
- Launch of the Ingram School of Nursing, McGill University (2013)
- Launch of the Life Sciences Complex, including the Francesco Bellini Building and the Rosiland and Morris Goodman Cancer Research Centre, McGill University (2011)
- Many major donor recognition events, including breakfast, teas, VIP Cocktails and Honour Celebrations (2007 to 2015)
- Ovation - Vice-Principal (Health Affairs) & Dean of Medicine Staff Award Ceremony, McGill University (2007 to 2015)
- Vice-Principal & Dean of Medicine's McGill Alumni Global Award Ceremonies, McGill University (2007 to 2015)
- Faculty of Medicine's Student Orientation, McGill University (2007 to 2015)
- Faculty of Medicine’s Resident Orientation, McGill University (2013 to 2015)
- McGill University's Faculty of Medicine Homecoming events (2007 to 2015)
- McGill University's Homecoming events - including the Leacock luncheons in Montreal, Toronto,, Vancouver and Calgary, (2005–2007)
- McGill On the Hill – Faculty of Arts Dinner & Lecture Series, McGill University –West Block and the Chateau Laurier (2003–2005), Ottawa
- Sara and Didier (2019) Les Gîtes des Coquillioux, Castlenau le Lez
- Saleem & Jack (2015), Scëna, Montreal
- Melina & Jean-Marie (2013), L’Entrepôt Dominion, Montreal
- Sol & Varant (2012), Birks Chapel, Montreal
- Jenni & Bruno (2011), Pierre deCalvet, Montreal
- Bruce & David (2011), House of Parliament, Ottawa
- Memorials & Life Celebrations
- Citrus Beach en Blanc - a 40th Birthday Celebration (2009), The Laurentians
- Ron & Scott – 20 Years Ensemble (2008), Campbell House, Toronto
- The Special Event 2013 Show, Chicago, ILL
- “The Arts and Science of Gala Fundraising”
- The Special Event 2011 Show, Phoenix, AZ
- “Poise & Persuasion: the Art behind Party Politics”
- The Names Project – The Canadian AIDS Memorial Quilt (2001)
- Producer, Bal en Cuir, BBCM Foundation (2000 to 2003)
- Member, The Black and Blue Festival Organizing Committee, BBCM Foundation (1999 to 2003)
- Chair, The UnNatural Ball, Canadian Museum of Nature (1993)
LISTED IN WHO'S WHO IN CANADA SINCE 1991